Window on the West

Personal reflections on my passions: Literature, film, and music; the politics of breastfeeding, parenting, and childbirth; current events; pithy observations.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

40-something college-educated woman with two children, widowed, remarried, employed, professional volunteer

Monday, October 03, 2005

Canning the Spam

It seems like I just managed to eliminate most of the spam in my e-mail box, and now I'm getting spammed on this blog. I've turned on the "word verification" which is supposed to eliminate automated spam, but it's still trickling through. I want people to read my blog, but I can do without the spammers.

I've also set the blog to automatically e-mail me any comments, so all the spam gets sent straight to me. Following is a verbatim text of a blog spam. I can't make up stuff better than this.


-----Original Message-----
From: 8709 [mailto:noreply-comment@blogger.com]
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 8:37 AM
To: maryjoan@conninc.com
Subject: [Window on the West] 10/03/2005 05:36:51 AM

I skim a lot of blogs, and so far yours is in the Top 3 of my list of favorites. I'm going to dive in and try my hand at it, so wish me luck.

It'll be in a totally different area than yours (mine is about penile extenders) I know, it sounds strange, but it's like anything, once you learn more about it, it's pretty cool. It's mostly about penile extenders related articles and subjects.


What is this? Fill in the blank spam? It’s like some kind of blog madlib.

I've been verb ending in ing your blog and I think it is really slang adjective. I am definitely going to add it to my adjective list right there in the top number.

You should visit my blog www.plural noun.com. It's all about repeat plural noun and repeat noun in singular-related articles and products.


Anyway, I will try to delete the spam, but I may not be able to keep up. If you are a non-spammer, please ignore any spam that gets through. If you are a spammer, be assured that I will never, ever, visit your website, and may your hard drives reformat, your server crash, your network permanently disconnect, and your cpu burn in hell, and you with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home