Window on the West

Personal reflections on my passions: Literature, film, and music; the politics of breastfeeding, parenting, and childbirth; current events; pithy observations.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

40-something college-educated woman with two children, widowed, remarried, employed, professional volunteer

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Pictures from Elf

Joan (Elwing) as Frodo.



Awwww, don't we make a cute hobbit family, with our daughter who dreams of being an Elf, and the littlest hobbit, peaking out from behind mama's skirt. (L-R, Joseph, Mary Joan (me, aka frekotw), Sarah as Arwen, Joan (Elwing) as Frodo)



What were we thinking, posing in front of the ladies room?



When we could have been posing here all along?



Here I am on row K. Joseph and Sarah are the blurs, and that's Patrick at the end of the row.



The costume contest: Sarah is on the front row far left; the winners were the four Japanese girls in front dressed as Sam, Rosie (in blond wig), Merry, and Pippin.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Joan said...

Thank you for your comments. You must tell me about the con in Toronto. I'm a newbie when it comes to cons. I must say however, I liked the intimacy and conviviality of a convention focused on Tolkien as opposed to a general sci fi/fantasy convention. It would have to be quite a convention for me to go all the way to Toronto. Dragon*con was at least within driving distance.

1:12 AM, September 17, 2005  
Blogger Tarlyng said...

You and Elwing do make for two perfect Hobbits. ;>

And what two adorable wee little ones you have. :D

An Elven princess from a hobbit? How does one do that? j/k. ;)

9:47 PM, September 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home