Window on the West

Personal reflections on my passions: Literature, film, and music; the politics of breastfeeding, parenting, and childbirth; current events; pithy observations.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

40-something college-educated woman with two children, widowed, remarried, employed, professional volunteer

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Welcome to the Grand Reopening!

I have decided to reactivate my blog. I know, there are so many of you waiting with bated breath. Took me a while to figure out my password. I think I gave up on the blog back when Google purchased blogspot and I couldn't figure out how to log on. And yet, here I am.

Looks like my last post was from August 2006. My user profile has disappeared, so I have updated that. Might actually get a curious reader. I uploaded a photo. Blogger responded with the message "Fetching photo...". Aren't they complimentary, lol! There are a couple of drafts still saved, one of them entitled "Men are such fucking idiots." Will have to read that one.

Hmmm, so what has happened since August 2006? My first husband died in June of 2006. Maybe that had something to do with the lack of blogging. I was in a very strange place. We weren't even living together at the time, having been separated for two years, but it was still very traumatic. My children were 6 and 3 at the time, and the six-year-old found the body. Somehow in the hazy months that followed I met someone new, someone really special. We married a little over a year ago. And now I seem to have settled in a whole new place, back to me.

So why activate the blog now? Well, I've been doing a lot of reading lately. And reading does two things. One, reading makes me think, and thinking makes me want to write. Two, reading makes me want to write. Some of what I read makes me think, "I could do that!", or even, "I could do that better!" So either way, reading leads to writing. And thinking. And thinking is a very dangerous thing.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home