Window on the West

Personal reflections on my passions: Literature, film, and music; the politics of breastfeeding, parenting, and childbirth; current events; pithy observations.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

40-something college-educated woman with two children, widowed, remarried, employed, professional volunteer

Friday, November 05, 2004

What's It All About

I've been toying with the idea of creating my own website for some time now, and this seemed a really easy way to do it. I'm not sure if anyone will ever see it, but I'm going to put it out there anyway. I want an outlet for my thoughts, creativity, and passions. I'm not really sure where this journal is going, but I hope it's a fun ride. I'll be sharing some of my thoughts on Tolkien, whenever I compose something. I'm a frequent contributor to the Prancing Pony message board, which can be accessed through Netscape or www.lordoftherings.net (community). Whenever I compose something of significance for that site, I'll post it here as well. I'll probably mine some of my old posts to get started.
I'm also passionate about breastfeeding, parenting, and childbirth issues. I'll share some of my parenting stories as well as promote natural approaches to parenting. I have two children, a girl, Sarah, born in 2000, and a boy, Joseph, born in 2003. I had them both naturally, the second one at home, and I am tandem breastfeeding them both, if that gives you an idea of where I'm coming from.
I also keep up with news and current events, so I may make occasional political observations as well. I have had several letters published in The Charlotte Observer (NC), so if I am ever moved enough to write them, I'll post it here it too. Just remember, it's my journal, so it's my rules. Let's get started!

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawn Cuthill said...

Wow, I am honoured to be the first person to post a comment on your website! Congratulations on your step into cyberspace.

Shawn

11:31 PM, November 04, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home